This highly informative and entertaining class, introduces the fascinating world of distilled spirits and the art of mixology. Students will learn the histories, stories and distillation techniques, styles and types of every spirit behind the bar. Additionally, you will learn garnish theory, menu design, reducing costs and the fundamental principles of flavor profiling through mixology. This class is an absolute MUST for the aspiring mixologist, professional bartenders, beverage directors or bar owners.
The Academy of Spirits, Mixology and Fine Service 12 Week Exploration (starting February 5th)
Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits
Course Description & Instructor
How do mixologist create original recipes and serve consistently great tasting cocktails? Have you ever wondered what the difference is between Tanqueray and Tanqueray Ten? Bombay and Bombay Sapphire? Do you know the differences between American, Canadian, Irish, Scottish and Japanese Whisky/Whiskey? How about Mezcal and Tequila? Cachaça and Rhum/Rum? Baijiu and Shochu?
Come join executive director and former Michelin three-star mixologist Brian Van Flandern, called “America’s Top Mixologist” by the Food Network, as he guides you on a twelve-week journey designed for working professionals of all levels. This class is a must for bartenders, bar managers, bar owners, aspiring mixologists and those who just like to know what they are drinking!
Each week we will explore a different spirit category and taste various brands and styles. Students will learn the back stories behind their favorite spirits and compete with their fellow students to create their own original recipe. Register today as space is limited and this class is expected to fill up quickly!
Course Dates and Times
-   Class 1: Wednesday, February 5th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 2: Wednesday, February 12th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 3: Wednesday, February 19th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 4: Wednesday, February 26th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 5: Wednesday, March 4th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 6: Wednesday, March 11th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 7: Wednesday, March 18th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 8: Wednesday, March 25th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 9: Wednesday, April 1th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 10: Wednesday, April 8th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 11: Wednesday, April 15th 11:00am – 3:00pm
-   Class 12: Wednesday, April 22nd 11:00am – 3:00pm
8400 South Jones Blvd. Las Vegas Nevada 89139
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age. Proper ID is required for admittance.
$500. Course fee includes enrollment, study materials and any product/ingredients utilized for tastings.
Questions? Please use our live chat at the bottom left of your browser.
Follow the Academy on Facebook & Instagram!